What does the standard do?
- Provides a higher level of guidance and safety information to employers engaged in the construction industry.
- Aims to reduce the average number of fatalities and injuries in confined spaces by 96%.
Who is affected?
- Construction Industry including projects like:
- utility lines
- General Contractors
- Specialty Trade Construction Contractors
- Residential Construction Work
Cost of Compliance
(When annualized at 7%)
0.08% of Revenues on average
1.6% of Profits on average
OSHA says that compliance of the requirements is economically feasible in every affected industry sector.
To access the standard, click this link or download the PDF below.